Here is a look at what is happening across a couple of sites I keep an eye on. Let me know if there is anything you would like me to add on.
Items I am watching:
- Apple is telling vloggers to get their content working right for TV. All vloggers need to keep this in mind as video goes beyond the web. - via TechCrunch
- Rolling Stone is launching a social network around the publication - via GigaOm
- Tim O'Reilly's proposed blogging code of conduct took a lot of heat. He responded top those concerns with an update. Adoption is unlikely, but it's a good conversation to have.
- Cleveland ad agency Brokaw created an ad for the world renown Cleveland Institute of Art and AdRants liked it. I do too. Check it out.
- Seth Godin reviews what he thinks drives word of mouth.
- Thomas Hawk (one of my photography idols) shows us what he carries in his camera bag. One of the things that makes Thomas so engaging is his openness. He encourages use of his work, shows users how he shoots and does things like this. All of it makes you want to learn and see more from him.
- Rohit Bhargava of Ogilvy PR created a fantastic social media bio. Mine will be online soon. Subscribe to his blog right now if you have not already.
- The uses for Twitter keep on coming. Robert Scoble shows some of the power of the service as Twitterers reported last night's earthquake in Mexico City before authorities like the USGS. It's evolving far beyond its intended use and the possibilities are endless, untapped and thrilling to see evolve.
Top Five Technorati Blogs
View Top 100
Top 10 Technorati Searches
- re-publica (this is a german blogger conference)
- kurt vonnegut
- duke lacrosse
- american idol
Top Five Web2.0 Movers of the Week (using Alexa data)
Top Five Web2.0 Sites (using Alexa data)
Top Five Marketing Blogs from Viral Garden
View the top 25
Top 5 "Viral" Videos This Week
- Alanis Morissette "My Humps Video"
- Otters holding hands
- 300 movie trailer
- Gangsta Happy Feet Remix
- Xbox 360 Spring 2007 Dashboard Update Video