My good friend and blogging role model Valeria Maltoni has done it again. Valeria has created a free eBook written by 12 marketers (myself included) about our execution imperatives for 2009. There are some new voices and fresh thinking inside and is absolutely worth a read.
Here are some quotes from the book and links my fellow co-authors:
- "Basic metrics you can initially use to match up before, during and after sales deltas are frequency, reach, and yield"
- Olivier Blanchard, The Brand Builder, @thebrandbuilder
- "There are three imperatives for execution programs in 2009 - start with measurement, create content for the open Web and for mobility"
- Matt Dickman, Techno//Marketer, @MattDickman
- "The foundation and core of what social media is, consists of the five C's. Conversation, community, commenting, collaboration and contribution"
- Mike Fruchter, My Thoughts on Social Media, @Fruchter
- "With social media as a platform for participation, people can behave the way they were hardwired to behave in the first place - humanly, tribally"
- Fancois Gossieaux, Emergence Marketing, @fgossieaux
- "Social media enhances marketing efforts as an additional indirect communication channel"
- Beth Harte, The Harte of Marketing, @BethHarte
- "Companies with greater social intelligence have stronger bonds with employees and customers, and that translates into revenue"
- Lois Kelly, Beeline Labs, @LoisKelly
- "Change ensures our own livelihoods - new opportunities and trends to capitalize upon, unique products and profit centers that merit development, robust innovation to leverage"
- Christina Kerley, CK Epiphany, @ckepiphany
- "Social media interaction allows us to have… well, interaction with our customers. It lets us see them as people instead of statistics and it lets us hear their voices"
- Jennifer Laycock, Search Engine Guide, @JenniferLaycock
- "Goals absolutely must be built on business objectives"
- Amber Naslund, Altitude Branding, @AmberCadabra
- "A proper social media education is more than just learning new tools. The most important lesson we can impart is the necessity to think 'humans'"
- Connie Reece, Every Dot Connects, @ConnieReece
- "Social media isn't causing problems, but it is revealing them. And the problems aren't new; they've been around for a while"
- Mike Wagner, Own Your Brand!, @bigwags
- "The secret of success in social media is a product or a service that people actually like and use"
- Alan Wolk, The Toad Stool, @awolk
Take a read and let me know your thoughts. What are your execution imperatives for 2009?
|If you liked this post, you can subscribe to the Techno//Marketer RSS feed in your reader or sign up to get updates FREE by email.|