- 48% increase in phone usage
- 69% use text messaging, 44% use it daily
- 16% have use TV voting
- 25-34 year olds were most familiar with Common Short Codes
- There was a 4% decrease in interest for marketing on phones
- Youth are most receptive
- Only 2% have engaged in any form of mobile marketing
- Highest interest is in alerts, downloads and coupons (push on demand)
So, while marketers are going more and more to the mobile space, the reality is that it's a strategy in transition. Marketers who can find ways to engage customers on their devices which they are accepting of will take the lead. Marketers going to the pre-college market could make inroads for mainstream acceptance.
In the next week I will be posting a series of articles outlining what is happening in mobile and how marketers can make sure they're ready when their customers are. Stay tuned.